Employer: Capital Regional District
Location: Victoria (Downtown)
Application deadline: Monday Oct 23, 2017
This position is responsible for a range of communications activities, projects and initiatives. The incumbent facilitates the delivery of communications services by: preparing, planning and coordinating production initiatives and schedules as well as monitoring for completeness, quality and timeliness; interpreting and advising internal clients and assisting the Corporate Communications team in responding to enquiries and requests for service.
The Communications Coordinator is a communications generalist with a focus on supporting initiatives by wiring and creating web content, and plays a key role in social media and media relations by planning, writing, editing and distributing announcements for the CRD.
For detailed listing of duties and responsibilities and desired qualifications, visit job posting here
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online.
Link to posting's website
Email: Phone only
Director Marketing & Communication (Maternity Leave)
Employer: United Way Greater Victoria
Location: Victoria BC
Application deadline: Tuesday Nov 14, 2017
|Temporary position: 15-month contract covering a maternity leave starting Dec 15, 2017 to March 15, 2019.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the implementation of a strategic communication and marketing plan that effectively positions and markets the United Way of Greater Victoria on a year-round basis. This position is responsible for the management of the United Way brand and all public messaging and communications on behalf of the organization. As a member of the management team, the position plays a role in strategic visioning, planning and implementation of the organization’s mandate.
The incumbent of this position performs all duties and activities in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of the United Way of Greater Victoria and adheres to the organization’s policies, procedures and protocols at all times.
The incumbent works closely with the CEO, senior staff and key stakeholders to fully understand the nature and work of all departments thereby ensuring a strategic approach to the overall positioning of the organization.
The community service role of the United Way is very public. The financial and moral responsibility to the community, donors and our partners is considerable. This position is responsible for the implementation of marketing and communications strategies and approaches conducive to shaping and maintaining the positive image of the organization. Results of this position are integral to the direction and the long and short-term success of the organization and directly affect revenue generation and market position.
• Identify and engage key partners and stakeholders in particular in media, marketing and public relations
• Build strong external relationships
• Implement plans that facilitate stakeholder contributions and leverage knowledge of and support for the organization
• Maintain relationships with key local and regional reporters to ensure that the organization’s materials and messages are distributed to, and covered by all print and electronic communication media.
• In consultation with the CEO, coordinate all interactions with the media, including researching, writing and distributing press releases and other publicity material or, when necessary, to respond to media stories affecting the mission and/or strategies of the UWGV.
• Oversee the maintenance and evolution of the organization’s website and the utilization of social media.
• Manage a comprehensive strategy that effectively markets the organization and educates the public in terms of issues and maximizes the organization's fundraising efforts.
• Oversee the development and coordination of workplace campaign materials.
• Work with United Way Centraide Canada to organize national advertising assets for local market implementation.
• Advise and assist the Fund Development team on the development, management and implementation of direct mail, intermediate, major gifts and planned giving campaigns.
• Direct market research activities in order to keep abreast of changing demographics and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues.
• Identify new and innovative marketing strategies to engage all stakeholders.
Events and Sponsorships
• Work with other departments to ensure all events are planned to capture the attention of the intended audience and the media. Manage the production of each event ensuring all appropriate media sponsorships are achieved and all details are managed in a creative, timely and cost-efficient manner.
• Manage the marketing and communications budget and work plans
• Contribute to discussion on organizational budget and work plans
• Follow organizational guidelines for accounting and contracting
• Manage organizational plans to engage staff in achieving the organizational mission
• Create an inclusive work environment for direct reports
• Supervise external consultants for specific projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Exceptional communicator with excellent written, presentation, oral and interpersonal skills—ability to communicate thoughts clearly and simply
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, able to motivate and influence others
• Strategic and innovative thinker, able to think both creatively and analytically
• Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other communication and marketing software
• Fluent with social media and website applications such as Word Press, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
• Excellent judgment and diplomacy skills
• Self-starter and results oriented
• Flexible and high tolerance for working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• People oriented and a strong team player
• Ability to multi-task and pay attention to detail, accuracy, timelines and quality of work at all times
• Possess a customer-service orientation
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications preferred
• A minimum five years experience in communications with proven track record
• Visionary marketing experience
• Knowledge and understanding of the non-profit sector
Apply to: Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume in confidence to Janet Tudor, Director of Operations at Janet@uwgv.ca.
Position open until filled.
Link to posting's website
Phone: Email only
Application deadline: Wednesday Jan 31, 2018
Is your next step into the c-suite or as a community leader? Do you aspire to give back to your chosen field? Are you looking for opportunities to expand your network locally and nationally? Want to increase your leadership skills and set yourself apart from your peers?
CPRS-VI is currently seeking nominations for a Treasurer.
The Treasurer's responsibilities include:
* advise the Board of Directors on the Society's finances and investments, including the two strategic reserves,
* manage funds payable and receivable,
* coordinate the budget process, and
* supervise the CPRS-VI bookkeeper.
The Treasurer position is a two-year term, and is a member of the Executive Committee. The ideal candidate should have been a CPRS member for at least three years, have at least five year's experience in public relations/communications and one year of board experience.
All inquiries and expressions of interest can be passed to the Chair of the Nominations Committee, Susan Gee APR.
Susan Gee, APR
Phone: Email only
Sign up to receive CPRS-VI's monthly newsletters